Thanaleng Dry Port is the class one dry port of Lao PDR. It is among 1 of the 9 dry port of “international importance” approved in the Intergovernmental Agreement on Dry Port of UNESCAP and located just 1 kilometer away from the First Friendship Bridge over the Mekong River. Thanaleng Dry Port is part of the integrated Vientiane Logistics Park, a flagship project to achieve the national logistics strategy with the objective to transform Laos from the land-locked into the landlinked country. The feasibility of the project was firstly carried out by JICA of Japan then by Royal Haskoning of the Netherland and approved by the Government of Lao PDR in 2020.
Amongst the 9 Dry Ports location approved by UNESCAP, the Thanaleng Dry Port is the First and only intermodal dry port that is playing the international border role and provide rail/road transshipment facilities.
Thanaleng Dry Port (TDP) is responsible for being the center of international trading of import and export with all categories of customs system. Importantly, quality equipment’s, vehicles and warehouses system will be installed professionally at TDP in order to provide the convenience on serving bigger numbers of containers. By using the Terminal Operation System (TOS), it will guarantee the best service of speed, security and reliability.
Multimodal Transport Connector of continental ASEAN and the World, sustainably serving the social economic development of the country.
Develop cross border intermodal infrastructures, standard and simplified operating procedures for a smooth, speedy, secure import/export and transit of goods coupled with transshipment solutions and warehousing facilities to cater for trade and logistics connectivity.
• Deliver Service Quality, Security and Reliability
• Work on a Customer Centric principle
• Foster Honesty, Integrity, Trust and Respect
• Employee and Team Development
• Accept Social Responsibility
The Thanaleng Dry port (TDP) is the Dry Port of international importance, approved by the United Nation Economic and Social; Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP) through the resolution No. 69/7 on the intergovernmental agreement on Dry Phots adopted in Bangkok on 1st May 2013.
The Thanaleng Dry Port(TDP) is topping the list of the development priority in the Lao National Logistics Strategy from 2016 to 2020 adopted by the PM decree No. 158/Government Of Lao PDR dared 27th May 2015, an action plan that would drastically transform Laos from land locked to land linked country.
Initiated from JICA studies back in 2015, the project was carried forward by Sitthi Logistic(STL) an affiliated company to petroleum Trading Lao (PTL) of the phongsavanh Group through the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signing with the government of Lao PDR to further conduct the feasibility studies and to develop the Vientiane Logistic Park Project.
The Concession Agreement between the government of Lao PDR and Vientiane Logistics Park Company Limited (VLP-the successor of STL) was finally signed on 3rd July 2020, the deal that gives VLP the right to operate, under a PPP scheme, the Thanaleng Dry Port and the Vientiane Logistic Park for a period of 50 years.
Thanaleng Dry Port operates under security system. We prioritize in Health, Safety, and Environment regulations to ensure our working processes are safe and efficient.
By applying the ISO45001 into our system, we can mitigate possible risks and planning solutions in accordance with the national law and the international standard.
Our HSE team are working closely with our workers, employers, contractors, and visitors involved in the industry to ensure that our safety guideline are distributed and well-understood.
- We consult with our people to achieve healthier and safer workplace. With stronger team building, we can identify possible hazards, assess risks and develop a better approach.
- Thanaleng Dry Port operates under hygiene environment with frequent cleaning and dust control
- Our people are equipped with safety equipment and well-trained with the working guideline to avoid any misconduct operation and prevent injuries.
- Fire hydrants and alarms are installed in different surrounding spots. Our people are frequently trained with fire emergency evacuation plan.
- Our security cameras are installed all over the operating and surrounding areas to monitor and prevent possible risks.
- We operate under environmental law and awareness to maintain our commitment in environmental sustainability.
Our approaches against COVID-19
- Our employers, staffs and workers in all levels are vaccinated with the WHO approved Covid-19 vaccine.
- Separate zone between domestic and international truck.
- Random COVID-19 test with our staffs.
- Temperature checking of all workers, employers, contractors, and visitors accessing Thanaleng Dry Port.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting surrounding area with spray sanitizer.
VIP Guest Visiting Thanaleng Dry Port
VIP Guest Visiting Thanaleng Dry Port
|Hutchison Ports||15 Years Caring Company 2006-20||The HK Council of Social Service|
|Hutchison Ports Yantian||Container terminal with annual throughput exceeding 13 million TEU in China, 2019||The Container Branch of the China Ports Association|
|Hutchison Ports Yantian||Shenzhen Mayor’s Quality Award 2019 (Silver Prize in Economics)||Shenzhen Municipal Government|